If this is your first time of seeing this article, you must be thinking; “Is there any Law school scholarships”? Surprisingly, Yes, there are lots of Law School scholarships around the world, and here on this blog, I will be listing at least, scholarships in 3 continents.
It does not matter whether you’re studying law at undergraduate level, graduate level, or just want to know the types of funding available worldwide before applying to study law, you’ve come to the right place to get the best list of funding programs for Law!
Here on this page, am privileged to share with you, selection of law school scholarships and grants which are currently available to law students around the world.
If you find any scholarship you’re interested in, please click on the links to find out more.
Law scholarships to study anywhere in the world
- Erasmus+ Joint International Doctoral Degree – This scholarships is open and available for all international students seeking funding to study law, science or technology at PhD level at European universities. All interested persons should note that the 2017-2018 applications round will have different rules and fellowships (full details announced February 2017).
- FUNED Scholarships for Mexican Students– This Graduate law scholarships is available ONLY for Mexican students, who are currently enrolling on a master’s program at a leading university in the top 200 of the QS World University Rankings® anywhere in the world. (Information in Spanish).
- HM Hubbard Law Scholarship – The third on this list is the HM Hubbard Law scholarship. The Law scholarships is opened and available for trainee and qualified solicitors in the United Kingdom to undertake further study in France, Spain or Canada.
- Law Foundation Graduate Scholarships – Scholarships for law students pursuing a graduate degree in law or a related subject to study at recognized universities in Canada, the US and elsewhere. To be eligible, you must be from British Columbia (Canada) or have graduated from a law school there.
- MENZIES Foundation Scholarships: Another scholarship which is available for Law school applicants is the MENZIES foundation scholarships. This Scholarships is available ONLY for Australian citizens. Before you can get this fund, you must be Australian to gain funding for postgraduate study in international law.
Law scholarships to study in Australia & New Zealand
This are scholarships available for both Local and International students, who wants to go to Law school and are searching for funds.
To study in Australia:
- Equity Scholarships Scheme @ QUT – If you are in need of a based scholarships at Australia’s Queensland University of Technology, you’re lucky today, there are some scholarships available to students of all levels studying law, business, education, health, science or engineering.
- Juris Doctor (JD) Scholarship for International Students @ UNSW –The 2nd Law scholarships which made this list, is the scholarship for international students undertaking the JD program at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia.
- Master of Laws (LLM) Scholarship @ UoN
Another scholarship for students who are interested in schooling in Australia, is the LLM scholarships for domestic and international students enrolling at the University of Newcastle, Australia on the Master of Laws program. Please take note that the school also offers a similar scholarship for the JD program, get more information and full details by Clicking Here.
- Postgraduate Scholarships @ University of Sydney – There are various scholarships available for students of all study levels enrolled at the University of Sydney’s Law School.
- TC Beirne School of Law Masters Scholarships @ UQ – This scholarship is available to all interested students, both local and international. The LLM scholarships is for students enrolling on the LLM or Master of International Commercial Law program at the University of Queensland in Australia.
To study in New Zealand:
This are Law school scholarships available for both local and international students, who are interested in studying law in New Zealand.
- Auckland Law School Postgraduate Scholarships
The first scholarship to make this list is the Auckland law school postgraduate scholarship, which is available for both local and international students. Take note that there is a range of scholarships to study law at postgraduate level at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. There are also undergraduate scholarships from this academic institution which may interest youCLICK HERE for More details.
- Ethel Benjamin Scholarship – This is another wonderful opportunity for all interested applicants who are searching for scholarship funds to study in the school of law. This Law scholarships is funded by the Law Foundation for New Zealand women to study law in New Zealand at postgraduate level. A similar scholarship is available at the Victoria University of Wellington.
- The New Zealand Law Foundation Doctoral Scholarship – This is another scholarships for Kiwi PhD students to carry out research in a defined area of the law for the benefit of New Zealand and its legal system. This scholarship is open to ONLY citizens of New Zealand.
Law scholarships to study in Europe
Here are some important and available Law scholarships for Students who wish To study in Germany:
- DAAD Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance (PPGG)
The DAAD Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and good governance is available for students to study in Germany. The Postgraduate scholarships is open for students from countries in the following continents; Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Middle East, to undertake a master’s degree in public policy at a participating German university. It is very important to note here that all applicants should have studied a related undergraduate degree (e.g. law, economics or politics) and should intend to use their qualification within their country of origin, before their applicant will be successful.
- Max Planck Society Research Scholarships
This is a Doctoral and postdoctoral law scholarships for doctoral students and researchers to study law in Germany.
To study in the Netherlands:
- Amsterdam Law School Merit Scholarships @ UvA
The LLM scholarships is for students to gain funding to study law at master’s level within the University of Amsterdam’s Faculty of Law. All interested applicants should know that one of the qualifying criteria is that they are to hold a LLB degree.
- Scholarships @ University of Groningen
Currently, there are two €12,000 scholarships which are available for undergraduate non-European Union (EU) students studying an undergraduate liberal arts/sciences program at the University of Groningen (including the LLB).
To study in the UK:
- Dickson Poon Undergraduate Law Scholarship Programme @ King’s College London – Undergraduate scholarships for law students studying at the Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College London.
Please take note that the King’s College London scholarship offers a law scholarship which is opened ONLY for Nigerian students, details is available here.
- Henry Arthur Hollond Studentship in Law @ University of Cambridge
The Henry Arthur Hollond studentship in Law scholarship is available for students, who are willing to study in the University of Cambridge. Studentship for an enrolling student on the LLM program at the University of Cambridge’s Trinity College. (Scroll down the page to view full scholarship details When you visit the admission portal above).
- John Bloom Law Bursary –
The John Bloom Law scholarship is available for students who wishes to study in the United Kingdom. This is for students looking to pursue a law degree at a recognized UK university.
You should take note however, that this scholarship is available ONLY to UK citizens with financial need.
- Law School Scholarships and Grants @ UCL – Various undergraduate scholarships for law students studying at UCL (University College London) in the Faculty of Laws. Click the above Law School Scholarships and Grants @ UCL and get full details regarding this scholarship.
- LLB Scholarships @ University of Birmingham – There are various open law scholarships and grants which are open to both domestic and international students to study the LLB (Bachelor of Laws) program at the University of Birmingham’s Law School.
- Margaret Bennett Scholarship for African Women @ LSE – LLM scholarships to study the Master of Laws program at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). This scholarship is available and open to female students ONLY from Africa. The Margaret Benneth Scholarship usually prefers students from Northern Africa).
- Postgraduate Law School Funding @ QMUL – Scholarships for law students undertaking the LLM, MSc or PhD programs at Queen Mary University of London’s School of Law.
- Taught Postgraduate Scholarships @ University of Kent
There are various postgraduate scholarships opened for students studying the Taught LLM program at the University of Kent.
Law scholarships to study in North America
To study in Canada:
Here are Law scholarships for students, both domestic and international students who are interested in schooling in Canada.
- Schulich School of Law Scholarships @ Dalhousie University
Various law school scholarships to study at Dalhousie University.
- Master’s Scholarships for International Students @ Laval University
Graduate scholarships for law students enrolling on a master’s degree at Laval University. Open to all international students from Africa or Europe (excluding French students).
- Undergraduate Faculty Scholarships @ McGill University – Various undergraduate scholarships and prizes for bachelor-level law students studying at McGill University.
To study in the United States of America:
- AABA Foundation Scholarships
There are lots of Law scholarships in the United states. Take note that the US scholarships for law students is open to those who are ONLY interested in pursuing careers in public interest, especially for students from the Asia-Pacific and other underrepresented communities in the San Francisco Bay Area. International students are qualified and eligible to apply, but must live in the Bay Area of San Francisco.
- ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund
Law school scholarships is offered by the American Bar Association (ABA), and is open to first-year law students at ABA-accredited law schools in the US. This scholarship is available for US citizens only. If you’re not a citizen of the United States, please don’t bother submitting your application.
- Arent Fox Diversity Scholarship Program
Here is another scholarship from the Arent Fox Diversity program. This scholarships is available and open for law students in their first and second year at an ABA-accredited law school in the US.
Please take note that the scholarship winners will receive a $20,000 award and a salaried summer associate position.
- Bradley R Corbett Scholarship
If you know the defense attorney, Bradley R Corbett, well, you should know that this is a scholarship from him. This Law scholarships is opened to ONLY US citizens.
- Charleston Scholarships
The Charleston scholarship is only to only Undergraduate and postgraduate law students at universities across the US. Two scholarships of US$1,000 are awarded annually.
- Cores & Associates, LLC National Scholarship
One scholarship of US$1,000 is available to a US citizen or permanent resident who is currently enrolled in a law program in the United States of America. The winner will be chosen based on the insightfulness of their essay, and will be awarded a USD$1,000.
- Federal Circuit Bar Association Scholarship
Law school scholarships for students pursuing a JD program at an accredited university in the US. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and interest in certain aspects of US law.
- MALDEF Law School Scholarship Program
Law school scholarships for Latino students interested in advancing Latino civil rights in their careers. Open to Latino US citizens studying law at any degree level in the US.
- National Bar Institute Law School Scholarships and Grants
Law school scholarships and grants available to US students enrolled at law school in the US. Funding for African-American and minority students available.
- NYU Law Scholarship Programs @ NYU
Various scholarships for law students undertaking the JD program at New York University (NYU) in the US. Scholarships also cover specializations such as cybersecurity.
- JD Scholarships @ University of San Diego
Here is another wonderful opportunity for students who wishes to study law under a scholarship program. There are various JD scholarships which are available for entering students who show academic excellence (such as a strong academic background/LSAT score).
- Law Offices of Randy Collins Scholarship
Another scholarship program for ONLY law students, is the Randy Collins program. A merit-based scholarship which is awarded to one student per year, and the awarded student must be attending currently (or admitted to) an accredited American law school, college or university at undergraduate level.
To apply for this, you’ll need to complete an essay answering three questions.
- Pew Law Center Scholarship
This is another wonderful opportunity from Pew Law center. Winners are awared US$1,000 for one student who is currently attending or enrolled at a US law school or university. You must be a US resident and complete an essay of up to 2,000 words to apply for this scholarship.
Please take note that there are lots more of law scholarships in the US, from private law firms and external organizations, this list of US scholarship for law students can be found on the University of Notre Dame’s law school website. Another US university listing external law school scholarships is the University of California, Berkeley.
Please share this information with your friends on facebook, twitter and google+, using the share buttons below.